Do you start every day with coffee? This is natural for a great many people. In many cases, however, it does not end with just one cup. Is it possible to overdo it with the amount of coffee you drink?
Coffee – the stimulant of the morning
Drinking coffee in the morning is already a kind of ritual that can be observed in virtually every society. We rarely stop at just one cup of this drink. The fact that it is a good idea to have a cup of coffee in the morning is a good indication that it is a good idea to have a cup of coffee in the morning. This is undoubtedly an advantage. Apart from giving us a boost of energy, coffee speeds up metabolism and significantly improves our concentration. It is no wonder that it is enjoyed by busy people and students. However, remember that not every amount of coffee is good. However, as with everything, it is important to keep it in moderation
How can you tell when you have had too much coffee?
There are specific signals that indicate that we have definitely had too much coffee. If you notice any of these signs, you should reduce your intake of the beverage. What are these symptoms?
- Stomach pain – coffee contributes to the overproduction of gastric acid responsible for reflux and stomach pains, for example. How to counteract this? First of all, you should not drink coffee on an empty stomach. It is better to start with a nutritious breakfast;
- diarrhea – coffee can cause diarrhea, which is beneficial in the fight against constipation, but in the long run it is extremely troublesome;
- rapid heartbeat – this is a symptom that is also common with other stimulants such as alcohol, cigarettes, and drugs. Heart disturbance is very dangerous;
- anxiety – although coffee helps you concentrate and collect your thoughts, in states of anxiety and stress it only increases internal anxiety;
- headaches – although a small amount of caffeine helps relieve headaches, excessive amounts contribute to migraines;
- insomnia – coffee’s primary effect is to stimulate the body. Drinking coffee late can prevent you from falling asleep.
How can you verify that coffee is the source of the problem? You should limit the amount of coffee you drink to assess this. If the symptoms persist, it is a good idea to get tested
How much caffeine is too much in coffee?
It is worth noting that the problem is not an excessive amount of coffee consumed, but too much caffeine in the coffee. This is important because we can successfully drink decaffeinated coffee, and we can also provide caffeine in other ways, which can also cause adverse effects, even if we drink the prescribed amount of coffee. How much of this beverage should we actually drink to guard against negative effects? Experts recommend limiting ourselves to 3 cups of coffee a day. In fact, however, it is necessary to take into account how strong the coffee is and how our body reacts. In some situations it is better to limit yourself to two or even one cup
How to counteract the negative effects of caffeine?
What to do if you drink too much coffee? Experts recommend drinking water. You need to hydrate your body, because coffee is a diuretic, which further increases the symptoms of caffeine “overdose”. Another temporary measure is to go for a walk or do some exercise to calm your body down. If the symptoms persist, it is essential to see a doctor
Read also CAN YOU DRINK TOO MUCH WATER?
Main photo: nappy / pexels.com