How we dress changes like a kaleidoscope. Every season different pants, shirts, shoes, jackets are fashionable. However, some commandments of fashion remain unchanged for decades
One such example is a decent and elegant belt for pants. It is also very often overlooked. Unjustifiably, because it is the one that is usually crucial in styling. Everyone needs a reliable belt, whether they want to “hold up” their favorite jeans or their chic suit pants. Here are some key tips:
- A classic rule of thumb is that the color of your belt should match the color of your shoes. This means that if you have black shoes, your belt should be black, if you have brown shoes, your belt should be brown.
2. If the shoes are suede, the strap should also be so. However, this is not necessary as long as it roughly matches the color of the shoes.
3. Belt buckle metal – it is recommended that it matches the metal of the watch and cufflinks.
4. It is worth noting the finish of the belt and the context of the style it is matched with. For black oxfords, you need a thin and elegant belt. For jeans and work shoes a wide and leather one will fit best. Like any other accessory, a belt should not be completely out of context.
5. Fabric belts, textile belts, in different colors would be hard to match with shoes. Then all you need to do is pair them with pants.
6. The last tip is more like good advice. Don’t pull the belt under the leather tag on your jeans. No one is likely to care what brand they are. Besides, it will look weird, to say the least.
Read also: HOW TO CHOOSE A SUIT? WE SUGGEST WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING ONE
Main photo: Kirstin Sinclair/ Getty Images Entertainment/ Getty Images